Broadreach is hiring Wilderness Instructors with Spanish Skills!
Broadreach, a leader in adventure and experiential education, with programs operating in over 30 countries for middle school, high school and college students, is hiring Wilderness Instructors with Spanish skills for the summer!
Wilderness Instructors with Spanish skills needed to guide summer programs for teens and college students in Central and South America, Europe, South Africa and Canada. Wilderness instructors lead students through a variety of outdoor and adventure activities from surfing, snorkeling and kayaking to hiking, rafting and rock climbing.
Broadreach programs are limited to 12 students per program and are led by a team of two instructors. Program instructors live and travel with students 24/7 for weeks at a time, so a high level of energy and enthusiasm is necessary along with strong leadership and communication skills. Our programs range from 12 to 31 days and can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors, so a positive attitude is key.
Instructors facilitate positive group dynamics, lead games and activities, participate in community service activities and assist with the course curriculum. Leaders are expected to be role models to students to encourage personal growth and promote leadership development.
Beyond maintaining the health and safety of students and providing a supportive environment, additional duties include completing program paperwork, uploading blog posts and photos, managing travel logistics and program funds, and communicating with HQ. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun and cohesive community are all vital.
- Experience leading teens or college students on multi-day programs in wilderness environments. (Candidates should have at least 60 days of accumulated course time as a trip leader with individual trip lengths that are a minimum of six days).
- Solid experience leading the activities offered on the course, which may include hiking, camping, horseback riding, rafting, surfing, canoeing, and sea kayaking.
- Experience facilitating a group and understanding group dynamic concepts.
- Passionate about mentoring and motivating students and cultural learning.
- Strong decision making skills, flexibility, and the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing environments while maintaining the safety and health of all students.
- Proficiency in the language spoken at the program location (Spanish or French) is preferred for all programs and required for language immersion programs.
- Wilderness First Responder (WFR) or willingness to obtain certification before programs required.
- Good physical health and stamina to actively participate and encourage students throughout program duration.
- Success working in team settings.
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students ideal.
- Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, NC in early June.
Applicants with Spanish skills are highly regarded.
← Back to search