Broadreach is Hiring Spanish Instructors to Lead Teen Programs Abroad!
Broadreach, a leader in adventure and experiential education, with programs operating in over 30 countries for middle school, high school and college students, is hiring Spanish Instructors for the summer!
Our courses focus on Spanish language development and increasing awareness of social, environmental and cultural issues in the communities we explore in Ecuador, Peru, Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Spain. The courses combine classroom learning, practical application of skills, home stays, hands-on cultural activities and service learning.
Broadreach programs are limited to 12 students per program and are led by a team of two instructors. Program instructors live and travel with students 24/7 for weeks at a time, so a high level of energy and enthusiasm is necessary along with strong leadership and communication skills. Our programs range from 12 to 31 days and can be mentally and physically challenging for students and instructors, so a positive attitude is key.
Instructors facilitate positive group dynamics, lead games and activities, participate in community service activities and teach the course curriculum. Leaders are expected to be role models to students to encourage personal growth and promote leadership development.
Beyond maintaining the health and safety of students and providing a supportive environment, additional duties include completing program paperwork, uploading blog posts and photos, managing travel logistics and program funds, and communicating with HQ. Flexibility, teamwork, the ability to multi-task, and provide a fun and cohesive community are all vital.
- Master's or PhD degree in Spanish language and/or culture highly preferred.
- Ability to teach teenagers about Spanish language and culture.
- Experience working with teens and facilitating a group.
- Experience leading and coordinating community service projects preferred.
- Ability to coordinate lessons taught by local language schools with the Broadreach curriculum.
- Passionate about mentoring and motivating students and cultural learning.
- Good decision making skills, flexibility, and the ability to think on your feet and adapt to changing environments while maintaining the safety and health of all students.
- Good physical health and stamina to actively participate and encourage students throughout program duration.
- Success working in team settings.
- Knowledge of host country and cultural norms or a willingness to learn and passion to share this information with students ideal.
- Able to attend staff training in Raleigh, NC in early June.
- International travel and trip leading experience preferred.
← Back to search