You will be working with slum children in New Delhi attending our remedial classes. You will also be helping with preparations for the classes (room arrangement, content). If you have ideas for improving classes or you want to try something of your own, you are welcome to present it.
We hold 3 classes per day, 5 days per week (Monday to Friday). Children attending our classes are aged 3-19, and we split them into 2 groups. After we finish with the classes, we go community mobilising which takes additional 2 hours daily.
There are a few fields in which you can engage:
- working with children and youth; help in remedial classes, with different activities, sports, arts and crafts
- data entry & Ms-office
- community mobilising; inviting youngsters to join our programmes through activities and contact with their parents
- social media marketing; posting on our profiles, increasing visibility and improving statistics through using social media tools
- project development/management
- blog and article writing; about youth, education, personality development, etc
- data entry and other office work
- content making
- event/NGO promotion
- website development
- donate unused materials for those who need it
- graphic/web design; Wordpress, logos, designs for events, etc.
- video making; promo videos, presentations, etc.
- fundraising; online, field work
- research work
- event organising; help with promo and other events
- promotions; spreading the word, giving out leaflets
In case you cannot come to our centre, you can volunteer from home, and if you have your own project ideas, you are invited to share them with us and discuss possibilities for their realisation.
I suggest you check our work through social media platforms which are listed below, you can just click on it and do a little research about AWOHES.
Like, share, comments and subscribe!
Beside that, this is our youtube channel
← Back to search