Outreach Leader Intern
As a NextGenVest.com Outreach Leader, you will learn how to host financial aid workshops to high schools within your community! You will be supporting our mission of helping thousands of low to middle income students across the country to make information on the financial aid process more accessible, easier to understand, and help students make smarter financial decisions overall.
This position is perfect for students who are pursuing education and policy, marketing, communications, financial services, advising, and counseling (but all majors are welcome to apply).
- Duration: Summer 2017 semester (July 24th - September 4th, 2017) with option to continue into the fall based on performance
- Scheduling: 2-4 hours a week to do 1-3 high school classroom workshops
- Location: You will be working remotely within your community/city visiting high schools.
- Presentation and Mentorship Skill Building: Interns get access to NextGenVest's one-on-one presentation training to build their skills. You will also get trained on how to get students engaged in their conversations with their Money Mentors.
- $1 per sign up. For example, presenting to 150 seniors at a high school = $150.
- $20 bonuses are awarded each time you successfully book another workshop with the school!
- Build Your Professional Background: Use this experience to show potential employers that you're making a social impact through education and know how to lead others. You’ll also get mentorship from our senior team and from our CEO Kelly which includes resume reviews and career advice.
- Opportunity for Promotion: You have the chance to get promoted to City Captain! This would entail increased pay, more skill building in terms of management and professional development, and the ability to target hundreds of more students who need help with the college process.
- Get Featured in Our Articles: Work closely with our Kelly to co write articles that can get published through Forbes, LinkedIn, or through our blog (http://blog.nextgenvest.com/)!
- New Connections Across the Country: Virtually meet other student leaders across the states and make new friends!
- Application: CLICK HERE (http://bit.ly/ngvoutreachleaderapp)
- *Application, Interview, and Trainings, all happen within one week if accepted*
- *Resumes and cover letters are not required*
← Back to search