We are interested in hiring a babysitter/English tutor who truly enjoys spending time with kids and has some experience tutoring children ages 8 - 12. The successful applicant will be responsible for engaging them with fun, developmentally-appropriate activities, helping them learn English and writing an email after each session, detailing the activities that took place. This position provides flexible hours, with a minimum of just 2 hours a week.
- "When a child walks into the room, do your eyes light up? That's what they're looking for." If you can honestly say you have this capacity with children, you are probably a good candidate for this job.
- Must be naturally curious and have a love of learning.
- Have a great memory, especially for particular things people have said during a conversation.
- Be deeply interested in people, and how we form relationships and communities.
- Enjoy meeting new people and facilitating conversation.
- Must be a native English speaker and assist children with learning English.
- Engage children with fun activities, such as games, puzzles or pretend play
- Answer incoming phone calls and take messages for the family
- Have access to internet/able to work online
- Must be 14+ years of age or older
- 2+ years’ experience in babysitting
- Must provide at least three valid references
- First Aid and CPR certifications required
- Interested in receiving free training in tutoring/teaching English which may lead to free TESOL certification.
← Back to search