Software Engineering Intern
Junglytics is a business intelligence and Analytics company that helps businesses sell better on Amazon. With customizable dashboards, actionable insights, and a sensible organization of Amazon Marketplace data, we help our customers make sense of an otherwise confusing and murky domain. Leveraging our co-founder’s deep domain expertise we’re building a tool that not only looks and functions great, but incorporates years of hard won expertise as the owner of multiple successful Amazon brands.
Every recruiting company will brag about what a great opportunity it is to work with them... and I suppose we're no different on that account. That said, we hope to back up that claim here for a moment. I was a computer science student at Northeastern University ten years ago and the co-op/internship experience I had a massive impact on my career trajectory. I know from that experience that students are just as capable as doing world class software development as anyone else, regardless of age. My hope is to find a genuine teammate and collaborator for this role. I hope you'll teach us with your fresh perspective and I'm equally excited to share what I've learned in 10+ years of founding and building software companies.
In addition to what I hope will be a very educational and engaging work experience, this is also a genuine opportunity to get in at the ground floor (first 5 employees) of a very promising new SaaS business using some of the latest and most interesting tech available.
- Collaborate with company co-founder and CTO to design and develop a fully serverless backend stack
- Research and prototype new technologies and libraries for potential use in production
- Support an evolving DynamoDB database design and AWS AppSync API layer
- Contribute functionality to a data ingest pipeline from Amazon's new Seller API
- Aid in testing and performance improvements to AWS lambda functions in Node JS and Python
- Bring suggestions for additional improvements that you see!
- 2+ years’ experience in web and software development
- Some experience with Python, Node JS, and NoSQL databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud infrastructure concepts such as virtualization
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Capability to step into the user's shoes and empathize with their experience
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Be curious and humble! It's always ok not to know the answer, it's never ok to lie about what you know.
← Back to search