Updated on: 25 May 2021
IABAS is currently looking for:
Behavior technician (9am-12p, Mon-Fri)
Compensation: $23-28 hourly
Come work with us!
JOB DESCRITION - Behavior Technician
- Implement programs based on ABA principles improving communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Responsible for maintaining positive rapport with supervisors/teams and families, communicating professionally, punctual and consistent attendance, time management, and performance improvement, including responding appropriately to feedback.
- Keep a consistent record of client’s progress.
- Manage challenging behaviors that occur.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information.
- Travel to client’s homes/community settings, as required to deliver services.
- May be responsible for diapering and toileting if applicable, and for cleaning, sanitizing and/or disinfecting toys or work surfaces
- Have the ability to regularly walk, stand, or squat, crouch, bend, stoop, sit on the ground, and stand up from the ground or floor. Regularly kneel, crawl on the floor, and sit in child-sized chairs, lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Occasionally may require running or otherwise moving quickly.
- Exhibit manual dexterity to regularly enter data into a computer/tablet/phone; regularly use a computer/tablet/phone to view electronic screens.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Specific auditory abilities required by this job include perceiving the nature of sounds at normal to below normal speaking levels with or without correction, ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discrimination in sound, spatial awareness of sounds and speech at a variety of volume levels, often in background noise.
- Be able to speak in a manner easily understood, be capable of driving a motor vehicle regularly.
Foreign Language - Tutoring / Translations
← Back to search