Forklift Operator / Warehouse Associate
A local third-party logistics provider is looking to expand its existing workforce in Covington, GA. We are looking for candidates that have are safety minded and can prove they have a solid work history working in distribution centers with WMS experience, forklift experience and ability to operate a straight truck. If these are abilities that you possess then this is a great opportunity for you to work for a company that is growing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under general supervision, performs a variety of assignments, both technical and clerical, to receive, inspect, store and ship material, but not limited to receipt, control, preparation, material distribution, records, and reports. Receives general direction on new assignment aspects and instructions as to how to perform required tasks and results expected. Duties require manual, clerical, and data entry skills.
Operates material handling equipment as required to receive, store, and ship material.
- Ability to lift 70 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- Performs receiving and shipping inspections and identifies all incoming and outgoing material shipments to determine: a) quantity is as ordered b) no damage is apparent, and c) documentation is available as required.
- Performs physical material inventories to establish, maintain, and document the receipt, shipment and control.
- Ability to operate a straight truck and follow both Federal and State DOT regulations.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position; they are only the major duties.
- Prior forklift experience
- Knowledge and use of WMS
- Prior experience with Straight Trucks (box vans)
- Current Driver’s License with a clean MVR
These positions offer competitive wages and great benefits, which include Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, ProfitSharing/401K, Annual Reviews, Promotions from within, Vacation Pay, Sick Time, Bonuses, Uniforms and much more. Final candidates must possess a solid work history; pass a pre-placement DOT physical and DOT drug test. Interested applicants should submit a detailed resume today. Only applicants with a resume will be considered for an interview with our organization.
← Back to search