Clean Energy Advocate
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables virtually anyone to connect their utility account to a new clean energy project, lower carbon emissions, and save money on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up only takes two minutes. As such, we are a clean energy accelerator, and key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change.
Common Energy’s board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google and President Obama’s cabinet. We are seeking full-time and part-time Community Energy Advocates to bring more clean energy to communities across New York, Maryland and Illinois.
About The Impact Team
Common Energy's Impact Team is our community engagement team focused on bringing local, clean energy to the electrical grid. Our goal is to mobilize individuals and communities to sign up for local solar projects in their area in order to prevent millions of pounds of carbon emissions and save money. Our program is grounded in principles of equity, empowerment, and mitigating climate change through clean energy!
As a Community Energy Advocate you will leverage your personal and professional contacts to inspire others to sign up for local solar projects. These projects directly lower carbon emissions and because this is an official state program, everyone who signs up saves money, guaranteed.
- Complete Common Energy’s Engagement Training and become an expert in clean energy and community solar, learning from some of the country’s top sustainability leaders
- Reach out to your personal network to explain how community solar works and enroll people in free, local, community solar projects!- Lower pollution and emissions in your community, and save people money
- Participate in local Common Energy events (virtually or if possible, in person)- Become part of a broader community of climate activists and sustainability professionals
- Contribute to a fun, positive Team environment!
Who We’re Looking For:
- You are passionate about clean energy and driving positive impact in your community!
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and love inspiring others to act
- You are results-driven and want to work to mitigate global climate change
- You are able to work remotely (this requires internet access for presenting over video call!)
← Back to search