HVAC Controls Technician - $1,000 Sign-on Bonus (Georgia Tech)
CGL Facility Maintenance, LLC provides comprehensive contract facility maintenance services to commercial clients. The HVAC Control Technician will be responsible for both preventive and corrective HVAC / HVAC BAS (Building Automation System) maintenance work and minimal installations with our client. This is a full time position, Monday through Friday, but requires on-call availability for certain emergency situations.
You must be able to pass a drug, background screen and be eligible to work in the U.S. The work location for this position is at Georgia Tech in Atlanta.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance services to existing HVAC / HVAC BAS (JCI Metasys) equipment corresponding to work orders generated from a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS). Complete all documentation of work performed in compliance with the CMMS data collection process.
- Install, repair, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, engines, pumps, belts, fans, air handling units, VAV and fan powered boxes.
- Maintain the safe operation of systems including electronic / pneumatic environmental controls, oil / gas fired water tube boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as various types of pumps, de-aerating tanks, air compressor blowers, etc.
- Examine environmental control and stationary systems to diagnose problems using proper inspection / testing and monitoring techniques while exhibiting safe and proper use of tools.
- Must be able to quickly become familiar with the design and layout of the facilities; to learn the locations of installed environmental control and monitoring systems / equipment; and understand operating procedures relating to environmental controls.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and according to the standards of CGL Facility Maintenance, OSHA, and our clients.
- Inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of local building and safety codes.
- May escort subcontractors during completion of their work at the site.
- May perform other preventive and corrective maintenance tasks as directed by CGL Facility Maintenance Management.
- Must maintain a clean and safe workplace while and after performing maintenance tasks.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED and must have a minimum of four years commercial HVAC / HVAC BAS experience
- JCI Metasys System knowledge and experience will be required
- Must be able to read blueprints and as-built drawings.
- Must be a team player, have strong work ethic, positive attitude, and desire to succeed while representing our firm with the best possible service to our clients.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and extensive criminal background checks.
- Must be computer literate.
Our company offers competitive pay, incentive programs, generous paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, life insurance, wellness, retirement, educational assistance, career anniversary recognition program, career growth, and much, much more!!
Hunt provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, you may contact us at 915-533-1122 and ask to speak to a human resources representative.
Job Type: Full-time
- operating electronic and pneumatic controls: 4 years (Required)
- commercial HVAC: 4 years (Required)
- JCI Metasys Systems: 4 years (Required)
- machinery maintenance and mechanical equipment: 4 years (Required)
- HVAC BAS (Building Automation System): 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Atlanta, GA (Required)
- active driver's (Required)
- HVAC (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
← Back to search