Intern, Real Estate and Development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The below is a representative summary of ongoing projects, duties and responsibilities in which this position may be required to participate. Incumbent may also be asked to perform other additional, position specific tasks.
- Assist in work with various funding and financing sources to improve current assets and improve operational efficiencies. Sources may include capital improvement funds, energy performance contracts, public or private funding/financing sources, project based vouchers, rental assistance, public housing units, and any other combination of sources to create or improve affordable housing options for the housing authority.
- Work with LIHTC Development Projects, FHA, FHLB and all gap financing sources.
- Underwriting of CMHA development deals.
- Mapping and site inspections.
- Writing grants and seek funding for affordable housing.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Recent graduates and students seeking a bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, urban development, real estate, finance, social work, or related field
- For student applicants, two years of college course completion preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Skilled in researching the Internet and use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial, policy, or program documents and prepare written reports.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employees, customers, officials, and with other agencies.
- Working toward a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a business, real estate or communications field;
- Minimum of one (1) year in real estate development or related business field is preferred for non-student applicants
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to maintain a stationary position, operate computers and other office equipment, move about the office, and communicate. The employee must be able to sit or stand for eight hours while performing essential work duties. The employee must be able to accurately exchange information in person, in writing and via e-mail and telephone. The employee must be able to perform essential job functions in an environment that could have increased stress levels.
OTHER: The candidate must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in state of residence, and maintain an insurable driving record under the terms and conditions of the CMHA auto liability policy. The candidate may have no more than 4 accumulated points in 3 consecutive years.
← Back to search