My company is a start-up that specializes in hosting online tournaments and leagues for competitive gamers nationwide. We have been in the eSports scene for almost 5 years running the events through Twitter only. We are a big name in some games but our goal is to build a website that allows us to diversify into other gaming communities and cross promote our events on other social media platforms.
For this project I am looking for something general. Log In, Create Account, League Page, Tournament Page, Sign up Page for both leagues and tournaments, etc. I can explain more in a message with the student.
Once the website is completed, we expect to utilize it as a centralized location for everything a gamer, video game supporter, upcoming eSports talent (gfx designer) or esports orgs needs to network, have fun, stay up-to-date and develop friendships.
- Create applications that address the phases of SDLC (software development life cycle)
- Develop comprehensive application testing procedures
- Update existing applications to meet the security and functionality standards as outlined in the company’s website policies
- Implement testing tools that monitor the ongoing performance of the company website
- Assist in updating application development policies to ensure that all future applications meet the latest technical requirements
- Collect analytics from competitor websites to measure what the community is interested in and what functions are used the most.
- Create the website using a step-by-step approach with each step being alpha tested by the developer and beta tested by a cohort of gamers and recreational players.
- Start with a general and easily navigable interface that allows us to run tournaments and leagues and also allows people to create an account and sign up for said events.
- Upgrade website by adding features using a feedback system from the beta phase.
- Make the website simple and to the point so the destination is the least amount of clicks away.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years’ experience in website and application development and testing
- 1+ years’ SDLC implementation experience
- Ability to create support documentation for all new applications
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of the most current security and web development programming languages
← Back to search