Deskside Technician - Tier 2
Akiva Technologies is an emerging professional services firm providing critical consulting services to the commercial and federal government sectors. We offer industry-leading compensation and benefits and our commitment to combine talented professionals with opportunities to make a difference. We are currently seeking a Deskside Technician to join a dynamic program in Northern Virginia. Learn more about us at https://www.akiva.com.
Position Title: Deskside Technician (Tier 2)
Position Description: The Deskside Technician will become a critical member of high-performing team providing enterprise technology services in Falls Church, VA.
- Daily client interface.
- Representing the company and its interests in all client engagements.
- Addressing and correcting any hardware, software or connection issues.
- Supporting Desktop and Laptop users and solves problems with Microsoft, Adobe, Roxio and other deployed software.
- Resolving problems through customer education, training and direct assistance.
- Ensuring backup, recover and data restoration from workstations for customers during upgrades or when a problem with the system is diagnosed.
- Responding and correcting formatting for printing and all other peripheral issues as they arise.
- Providing phone and in-person support to users for various systems, including e-mail, LAN/WAN, user account administration, active directory, standard desktop images and applications, COTS and GOTS applications.
- Serving as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, passwords, and printer problems.
At a minimum, the Deskside Technician will possess the following skills:
- DOD 8570 IAT Level ll, or lll certification required: example Security+ CE
- Minimum of 3 years of enterprise experience in commercial or government environment.
- Familiar with all standard MS Office software systems and MS Project.
- Possess knowledge of workstation administration and management including imaging.
- Basic network support experience to include account administration in active directory environment.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gain internal support and to operate independently without supervision.
- Must have the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers.
- Bachelor’s Degree desired.
- ITIL Foundations v3 desired.
- Knowledge of Remedy or other trouble ticket software.
- Candidates with current active DOD Security Clearances of Public Trust or Secret preferred.
Akiva Technologies is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Akiva Technologies believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
← Back to search