Helpdesk Technician - Tier 1
Akiva Technologies is an emerging professional services firm providing critical consulting services to the commercial and federal government sectors. We offer industry-leading compensation and benefits and our commitment to combine talented professionals with opportunities to make a difference. We are currently seeking a Helpdesk Technician to join a dynamic program in Northern Virginia. Learn more about us at https://www.akiva.com.
Position Title: Helpdesk Technician (Tier 1)
Position Description: The Helpdesk Technician will become a critical member of high-performing team providing enterprise technology services in Falls Church, VA.
- Manage a Tier 1 Helpdesk call-center by supporting customer needs and on-site requirements.
- Manage and maintain customer tracking software (Remedy) to resolve incidents.
- Provide mobile support, adding and deleting users to the client network as well as other Ad-Hoc tasks.
- Assist clients with hardware and software support.
- Coordinate with team members to ensure rapid response times and customer follow-up.
- Develop professional working relationship with customer to better understand business needs.
- Process customer orders, prepare correspondence, and fulfill customer needs to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical support to end-users on a variety of issues.
- Identify, research and resolve technical problems.
- Respond to telephone calls, emails and personnel requests for technical support.
- Document, track and monitor the problem to ensure a timely resolution.
- Update and develop CAC policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and consult with Customer, Engineering, Deskside Manager and team members to meet customer requirements.
- Advise management of potential risks that may have impact on customer base and operating environment.
At a minimum, the Helpdesk Technician will possess the following skills:
- DOD 8570 IAT Level l, ll, or lll certification required: A+, Network+, or Security+ CE
- Superior customer service skills. Strong desire to provide the highest quality of service to the customer required.
- Superb verbal communication skills; comfortable working on the telephone and responding to calls.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Position of Trust level Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of information technology network and systems technologies, processes, and methodologies required.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent education and experience desired
- At least 1+ years of previous Help Desk experience.
- At least 1+ years' of previous Customer Service experience or Call Center environment.
- 1+ years of experience in the IT field
- Experience with IT and Help Desk technologies, to include Remedy, Heat, other ticketing systems, VPNs, remote and VMware tools, Office 13, Exchange, Active Directory, Windows 7 and 10, and knowledge of laptop technologies strongly preferred.
- Candidates with current active DOD Security Clearances of Public Trust or Secret preferred.
Akiva Technologies is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Akiva Technologies believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are a certified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB).
← Back to search