Would you like a job that makes a difference in peoples lives EVERYDAY? Mercy Medical Angels provides transportation for children, cancer patients, veterans and low income patients all over the United States and all over the world. Be part of our team and make a difference coordinating travel for those in need.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for a wide variety of tasks and functions. These duties include but are not limited to the planning, arranging and coordination of Mercy Medical Angels missions across all programs. The Transportation coordinator is accountable for maintaining Data Entry, Report Preparation, Track funding, Patient triage, Cross Training, Clerical Duties, Patient contact via phone and email and Booking Patient transportation.
The Transportation Coordinator will be responsible for increasing patients served and building relationships with other non profits, referring agencies and hospitals.
- Receives calls and applications from the public requesting medical transportation or other services. Prioritizes, and coordinates missions for staffing in accordance with established procedures.
- Enters, updates, and retrieves information from a variety of computer systems to facilitate mission coordination process.
- Requests needed information for patient flights (Medical Release form, Set-ups, and Mission request and planning documents.
Ensure that all forms are completed:
- Medical release form must be faxed to local physician for signature.
- Inputs in to mission coordination system all pertinent information regarding patient, patient escort, doctor, and the treatment/medical facility. (Updated as changes occur)
Follows proper protocol regarding linked missions as outlined in Protocol Documents.
Provides data for formulation of reports as requested by Director of Operations (Weekly, Monthly Semi Annually and Annually)
Communicates with all parties involved in the planning, staffing and coordinating of Mercy Medical Missions.
Attention to detail
Strong organizational skills
Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
Ability to Operate a variety of office equipment, including, telephones, computer systems, copy machine and fax machine
Ability to use database, and other software applications as may be required in performing Mission Coordination responsibilities.
Ability to coordinate multiple tasks concurrently.
- Employed by Mercy Medical Angels to execute the duties and responsibilities as a Mission Coordinator
- Inter-face with other Mission Coordinators when linking missions in accordance with the document
- How many years of aviation experience do you have?
← Back to search