We are looking for a Research Assistant to support one research team in charge of security and terrorism. Writing and editing interviews with top experts will be part of your job, drafting analysis on terrorism, updating the website, contacting experts, being involved in the marketing campaign and updating the databases and media lists.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail. If you also have social media marketing experience or interest, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, your goal will be to help ensure clear support, research, edition and website support of our company’s message across all channels.
- The approximate workload is about 5 hours a week. Virtual/remote is possible.
- This is an unpaid internship.
- Editing and producing reports and/or interviews to experts on terrorism.
- Communicating with experts and other external parties.
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies.
- Contributing to the social media of Talking About Terrorism.
- Help implement communications strategies
- Provide administrative support to programs and internal teams
- Draft and edit communications copy (e.g. press releases, publications, social media posts)
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies
- Update databases and media lists
- Track projects and media exposure
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Maintain calendars and appointments
- Interest or experience in International Relations, Terrorism, Security and Defence.
- Proficient in MS Office; content management systems is a plus.
- Solid editing and researching skills.
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- English, Spanish or Arabic is a plus.
Talking About Terrorism is an independent, non-partisan research online center and consultancy firm based in Washington D.C.
We are a network of academics and practitioners from different countries offering clear, accurate and brief analysis.
We believe that the best approach to combat terrorism is based on multidisciplinary and multilevel actions, connecting experts from different backgrounds and countries in the same space. Our style is clear, brief and straight to the point.
Please, send your CV and cover letter to apply to this position.
← Back to search