Data Scientist Intern
Technology Development Data Scientist Intern
Date: Jun 29, 2018
Location: Boise, ID, US
Req. ID: 119864
As a Technology Development Data Scientist Intern at Micron Technology, we will integrate you into the exciting field of complex data analysis within a semiconductor development environment. You will be taught semiconductor processing and how this knowledge can be used to tackle complex problems using diverse datasets. The types of activities for a successful intern would include:
- Extract data from different databases through various query languages
- Applying data cleansing, outlier identification, and missing data techniques
- Statistical modeling
- Feature extraction and analysis
- Uncover patterns in the data from which predictive models, actionable insights or solutions can be developed
- Evolve model building into supervised and unsupervised machine learning
The objective is to challenge and develop critical thinking and problem-solving that will coincide with a research task designed to improve the area’s operational capability and then present the results at the appropriate forum. You will join a team of three interns that consist of a data scientist, a data engineer, and a UI developer. At the end of the intern period, you will have a deep understanding of the products, systems, challenges, and problem-solving strategies commonly used in today’s research and development semiconductor manufacturing world.
We are looking for interns who are familiar with software development and capable of critical thinking, prioritization, and analytical skills along with strong verbal and written interpersonal skills. We need highly motivated interns, with a good work ethic, and can work independently. Experience with or the passion to learn the following elements will aid in a successful intern experience:
- Machine learning and other advanced analytical methods
- Fluency in Python and/or R
- pySpark and/or SparkR and/or SparklyR
- Hadoop (Hive, Spark, HBase)
- Teradata and/or another SQL databases
- Tensorflow, and/or other statistical software including scripting capability for automating analyses
- SSIS, ETL
- Working with time series data, images, and data with frequently changing distributions is a plus
Completed sophomore level class work for a 4-year program or junior level class work for a 5-year program in one of the following bachelor degrees: Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Physics, or related field of study.
This position will be for January 2019.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || Technology Development || Entry || Internship || Engineering || Not Applicable ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Database, Semiconductor, Scientific, Developer, Intern, Technology, Science, Engineering, Entry Level
← Back to search