Change Management Communications Co-Op
You may not realize it, but you’ve likely used a product today made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food packaging, cosmetics, soap, household detergents and carpet, we create the building blocks for more than 70,000 consumer and industrial products. We are a global company with 5,000 employees supplying customers in nearly 140 countries and generating about $10 billion in annual revenues. Our research discoveries have helped transform our industry, and safety remains our top priority each step of the way.
Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they like best about their job and universally, the answer is “the people I work with!” We have a “small company feel” and uphold a culture of respect and inclusion. A diverse group of people working together means we are bringing the best ideas to the table. We also value work-life balance, and love to see our employees thrive both professionally and personally.
The communities where we live and work are an integral part of what we do. We show our commitment by volunteering locally and making a pledge to sustainability. To us, sustainability means keeping the health and safety of our workforce paramount, being a responsible steward of the environment, creating the chemical building blocks for products that will exceed customer expectations, and acting responsibly and ethically across our global business dealings.
There’s never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. Construction of our $6 billion U.S. Gulf Coast Petrochemicals Project is nearly complete, having provided 10,000 construction jobs to the Houston area. When complete, we will be even better equipped to serve the global and growing demand for high quality plastics used in products that improve our quality of life. If you’re ready to grow with us, apply today!
Chevron Phillips Chemical is currently seeking a Change Management Communications Co-Op to work part-time in the Human Resources (HR) department. The Co-Op will partner with members of the HR team to execute a communication plan for a global HR initiative. The successful candidate will possess the ability to quickly learn and adapt to organizational culture, systems, processes and policies. Aptitude in managing project deadlines in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Draft/finalize key messages, per the project communication plan
- Recommend creative ideas for conveying key messages
- Distribute messages to defined audiences via various communication mediums
- Create job aids for work processes
- Ensure communications are prepared and distributed on schedule, per the project communication plan
- Currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in the field of Communications, Public Affairs, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, or another closely related field
- 3+ years of experience in corporate communications/public affairs, organizational development, human resources or related field
- Ability to craft key messages and simplify complex topics to a broad and diverse audience
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization, including senior leaders
- Results oriented, self-starter, team focused, collaborative, demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships and influence decisions
- Demonstrated success with project management and large scale organizational change efforts
- Proficiency with MS PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate work schedules. To learn more about Chevron Phillips Chemical and to be considered for a position, please visit us online today at www.cpchem.com.
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our Human Resources Service Center at 1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age,disability, veteran status or marital status.
Travel Requirements: None
Eligibility for Relocation: No
Closing Date: 03/12/2018
← Back to search