The marketing intern plays an important role on the Creative & Branding Team. This opportunity offers a variety of experience and the chance to interact with cross-functional teams such as Field Marketing, Corporate Communications and Digital, as well as various levels of management. The intern will be responsible for supporting the development of marketing materials and processes in a fast-paced in-house agency environment. This is a paid, part-time internship.
- Assists in the creation of corporate marketing materials and field marketing projects
- Works with translation agencies to get marketing pieces translated into various languages
- Assists in proofing materials to ensure grammatical correctness and legal and industry compliance
- Attends weekly traffic meetings and assists with updates and reports
- Distributes/organizes marketing samples
- Helps to keep digital artwork files categorized and filed appropriately
- Provides relevant administrative support that enhances department productivity and understanding of department operations
- Works productively with minimal supervision; achieves work objectives in a timely manner
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours in a normal business week
- College student studying Marketing, Public Relations or Communications preferred
- Has attained at least sophomore standing at an accredited college or university with a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Strong business writing skills
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple activities
- Ability to work in an environment focused on teamwork and relationship building with a keen sense of judgment and tact
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
← Back to search