(SEO) Search Engine Optimization Intern
The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Intern will be responsible for supporting the Digital Marketing team’s national and local SEO strategies.
This candidate should have enthusiasm for developing hard and soft digital marketing skills and a strong work ethic. The SEO Intern should be detail-oriented, data-driven and able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal stakeholders and external vendors and partners. A successful candidate will be a self-starter who will enjoy learning and applying various SEO techniques and working with a diverse team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leverage tools including SEMrush and Google AdWords to identify high-value and high-opportunity keywords
Backlink Profile Development
- Work with SEO Strategist, Public Relations and other team members to identify strategic inbound links
- Monitor news stories, blog posts and other online media for inbound link opportunities
- Perform link development outreach under the direction of the Digital Marketing team
- Assist Digital Marketing team as needed with recurring and ad hoc reporting needs, including keyword rankings, website traffic inbound links and other metrics
- Various administrative tasks as required, including billing, filing and vendor communication
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience in a corporate or business environment preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to think critically and remain flexible among diverse and ever-changing business environment in a complex organization
- Interest in gaining proficiency in digital marketing toolsets, including Google AdWords, Google Search Console, Google Analytics and keyword/competitive/backlink analysis programs (Brightedge, SEMRush, MOZ, SpyFu, Conductor, AHrefs, Majestic, Screaming Frog, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members
- Strong time management skills and ability to balance competing priorities
Who we are. What we do.
We’re more than North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. We are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, sons and daughters who are devoted to the communities where we live and work. We are more than 20,000 dedicated individuals who provide caring assistance to families in need, honor veterans and public servants and deliver lifesaving programs to help keep children and seniors safe.
We operate under the umbrella of the Dignity Memorial network of 1,800 funeral homes and cemeteries. Dignity Memorial providers care for more than 300,000 families each year and understand the importance of thoughtful, personalized arrangements. We believe creating meaningful ways to pay tribute to a loved one begins with compassion and is shaped by the understanding that each life is truly unique. For us, there is no greater responsibility than honoring and preserving the story of one’s life.
SCI offers advanced on-line training resources, career advancement opportunities in the largest organization in the industry, attractive benefits, and a wonderful community to serve with plenty of culture and personality. For additional information regarding our company, please visit our corporate site at www.sci-corp.com.
As used herein, “SCI” refers to Service Corporation International and its affiliated companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V
← Back to search