Job: Farm help and researcher
Nature’s Prime Farm – Indiana USA
Nature’s Prime Farm is a family run business located in Indiana USA. We, at Nature’s Prime Farm offer various agricultural services and goods which are: Arable land for crop production as well as animal rearing. Currently, we are working towards several goals including improvement of bio-diversity, achieving sustainable and organic production systems and an established animal rescue unit. Most importantly however, is the establishment of our research laboratory for the development of sustainable and organic farm production systems.
We are seeking an individual to assist in the daily operations of the farm and most importantly to assist in the establishment of the research laboratory. The job includes helping with the farm work where needed and writing research proposals that qualifies for grant applications. We are looking for an individual that will fit professionally with our business ideals and is able to fit with us on a personal level. If you are an environmentally-friendly, animal loving individual with a passion to practice environmentally-friendly agricultural practices, we look forward to hearing from you.
- Assist in the daily operation of the farm.
- Be able to manage the operation of the farm in the absence of the farm owner.
- Establishing the research laboratory for sustainable and organic farming production systems.
- Be able to lead a team of Scientists as head of the laboratory.
- Must have a Bachelor Degree in Biochemistry or Agricultural Sciences (graduate from Indiana will be given special consideration).
- Have sufficient knowledge with viruses and proteins.
- Must be able to write a qualifying research proposal for government and NGO grants for laboratory establishment.
- Must be willing to take part in FSA programs.
- Applicants working towards a PhD will be given special consideration, but this is not essential.
- Must be willing to lead as Head of Scientist in the Research Laboratory.
- Must be fluent in English and have fluency in a second language (preferably; Chinese, Japanese or Korean).
- Preferably be willing to learn German or French in addition for better communication with owners.
- Must be willing to commit to a 5-year contract*.
- Package Salary of $35’000 - $40,000 pa.
- Health Insurance
Job Start Date:
- Post will be filled after the 2019/2020 Grant Application review.
*Due to the role of this position, the contract and the benefits offered, the individual will need to fit well with the owners.
← Back to search