Civic Tech Fellowship
Voatz is a premier mobile voting and election platform that enables citizens to vote in all kinds of elections and voting events via a smartphone. Past attempts at internet based voting have failed due to fundamental concerns around security, auditability, and voter anonymity. Voatz is secured by smart biometrics, real time ID verification, and the blockchain, which allows for greater transparency and auditability, and makes Voatz highly resistant to fraud and attacks.
Our goal is to streamline voting processes and election administration while increasing voter turnout and community engagement.
About the Civic Tech Fellowship
Voatz is looking to hire highly motivated and qualified students across the country as Civic Tech Fellows. The fellowship provides an opportunity to work at the intersection of technological and political progress within your own campus and local community. Students who are deeply engaged within their school community are encouraged to apply, and technical experience is not required.
- 1) Research and report on university student government structures and voting platforms.
- 2) Communicate the Voatz platform to influencers and/ decision makers within student government as well as the corresponding administrative contacts (via meetings and group presentations).
3) Content creation: Create one or more media products (articles, blogs, videos, etc.) tied to campus community, students, blockchain, voting, or Voatz.
4) General interest and promotion: host Voatz demos or info sessions, or present at other campus clubs that would have overlapping interest in politics, technology, etc.
5) Source other schools that may be a good fit for the Voatz platform within the region via warm introductions and student network.
6) Every applicant has her or his own strengths and passions; how can you help our mission?
Compensation / Return
The Civic Tech Fellowship provides students with tangible work experience in Sales, Marketing, and Market Research for a venture-backed, award winning startup. Fellows will gain access to a strong, nation-wide network, along with priority application status for full-time Voatz summer internship positions.
Saving the best for last, Civic Tech Fellows will be awarded a semesterly stipend and sales incentives.
← Back to search