Technical Apprentice/Student Intern
With more than 8500 people across five continents and the Pacific region, GHD is one of the world’s leading engineering, environmental and construction services companies. Committed to the success of our clients and the communities in which we operate, we have an ongoing requirement for high caliber professionals to join our connected global network.
GHD has an EXCITING opportunity for a Environmental Technical Apprentice seeking an internship. This position will sit in our Houston, TX office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Support of project managers, professional engineers, geologists, environmental scientists, and skilled technicians/technologists to assist GHD's oil and gas clients
- Assist with preparation of reports, data tables, and drawings
- Data organization, compilation, review, analysis and entry
- Environmental research and field data collection/ support as requested by project teams
- Organization and review of applicable project documentation and files
Skills, Competencies, Qualifications:
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 15 hours per week, part-time employment with our company (availability of more than 15 hours per week considered a plus)
- Must be a student of an applicable environmental engineering/geoglogy/science discipline
- Strong attention to detail in regards to all work being completed
- Strong sense of motivation and a thirst for knowledge
- Takes the initiative to identify ways to assist staff and be ready to help with any task big or small
- Enjoys building relationships with all people they meet
- Must have reliable transportation to the local office and reside in the Houston, TX area
- Strong computer skills considered a plus: Must be proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
← Back to search