Graphic Design Intern
Prosek Partners, one of the top 25 marketing communications and public relations companies in the U.S., is seeking a talented, versatile and motivated part-time graphic design intern to join our growing creative services team in Fairfield, Connecticut. The program is a paid position and part-time interns will be expected to complete a minimum of 10-12 hours of in-office work per week.
What will Prosek interns do:
Interns will work with other members of the team to complete assignments related to research, presentation materials, layout of design and marketing collateral and the creation of other visual assets. At the conclusion of the program, interns will have acquired valuable insights and knowledge regarding design best practices and will have contributed to developing one or more projects—or key components of larger projects—worthy of inclusion into their portfolio.
The program is designed with the following goals in mind:
- Utilize the unique talents of interns to produce high-quality work
- Provide a learning environment for interns to grasp the fundamentals of the designer’s role
- Encourage strategic and creative problem-solving
- Offer opportunities for professional development training and building of networks
The culture at Prosek Partners is fast-paced, and the staff works together in a collegial atmosphere that breeds professional friendship and respect. Our most successful employees are those who have a thirst for knowledge and are self-starters, driven to be the best in the design profession. We value thinking, energy, creativity and determination.
It is highly recommended that intern applicants:
- Are at a Junior or Senior standing
- Have had at least one design internship (not required, but encouraged)
- Understand the fundamentals of design across online, mobile and print media
- Are cognizant of typography and color applications
- Have a strong grasp of storytelling through layout and information design
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exude an intellectual curiosity
The candidate should be comfortable using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, with bonus points going to those who can function across Windows and OS X.
How to apply:
- A cover letter that includes something unique about yourself
- A résumé of any relevant work experience
- A portfolio of executed work. A PDF is ok. A link to your online portfolio is even better.
← Back to search