2018 Summer Internship
Kinexus is seeking top talented individuals that have a passion for making a difference. This is a huge opportunity to make a difference within the community in both big and small ways. If you are an individual who seeks opportunity to gain real world experience than this internship is for you.
The internship program is a 12 week program starting at the end of May. Individuals will work on teams as well as individually on projects that stretch skills in new areas. Interns at Kinexus will be given the opportunity to learn and develop new skills throughout the summer with other interns.
Whatever team an individual is placed on during the summer they will be given the opportunity to get involved and work with a team to collaborate and solve problems. Also each intern at the end of the summer with be presenting their projects to the senior leadership team.
Kinexus is a Southwest Mi non- profit organization focused on workforce development and economic vitality in our region. With three service centers in the Tri- County area, we help job seekers find the right career and business retain and grow talent. Together this creates a better community for all.
Kinexus, recently recognized as one of Nonprofit Times 2017 Best Nonprofits to Work For, is a cutting-edge community development organization with growing initiatives to create an economically thriving Michigan. We are change agents who create solutions for business, workforce, and community challenges to promote economic vitality.
Possible Day of a Kinexus Intern
- Helping teams with administrative work
- Data Entry for certain enrollment programs
- Entering Summer Youth Timesheets
- Working with Senior Leaders on company wide projects
- Assisting with food drives to serve the people within the community
- Cold calling/sales call for business teams
- Assisting with creating of marketing materials
- Working on new polices
- Assisting with new program start up's and enrollments
- Working the front desk at the service center(s)
Possible departments to work on
- Communication/Marketing team
- Youth Solutions
- Bridge Academy/Adult Education
- Offender Success
What you will get out of the internship
· Ability to take ownership on projects
· Professional growth and development training's
· Ability to grow network within the company
· Weekly meetings with program manager
· Hands on experiences
· Learning goals to track the progress throughout the summer
· Fun, rewarding and exciting experience!
· Must be a college junior or senior
· Cumulative 3.0 GPA or above
· Must be a permanent resident of the U.S. or U.S. citizen
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational, problem- solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Ability to exercise independent judgment
· Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Strong interpersonal skills
Kinexus is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request for individuals with disabilities. Michigan Relay Center: 711 Voice and TDD. Kinexus is a partner of American Job Centers.
← Back to search