With 12 locations throughout the world, Asia Society is the leading educational organization promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among the peoples, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the west. Asia Society Texas Center executes the global mission with a local focus, enriching and engaging the vast diversity of Houston through innovative, relevant programs in arts and culture, business and policy, education, and community outreach. Asia Society Texas Center operates as a separate 501(c)(3) organization and is an affiliate of the Asia Society global network.
The Development Coordinator is a key member of the development team and handles all incoming contributions and data entry related to information on members, donors, and prospective donors. Responsibilities center on timely updates of information, generating giving and donor reports, and preparing lists for mailings.
The primary responsibilities of this position fall into two main areas:
- Accurate data entry, gift processing, and database management. This accounts for approximately 60 percent of the position.
- Assisting the Development Team in activities related to special events and receptions as well as supporting the acquisition, retention, and upgrading of donors. This accounts for 40 percent of the position.
- Key Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database application preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite
An understanding of, and an ability to articulate, the accomplishments and goals of an organization like the Asia Society
Interest and background in Asian cultures and/or foreign affairs
← Back to search