Primary Purpose of Position:
Fabrication of composite (carbon fiber and fiberglass) parts utilizing pre-preg materials through use of machinery, hand and power tools.
(Pre-preg is a dry material that is heat activated, no wet resins or toxic fumes that are usually associated with composite production)
Essential Functions: Performs at assigned work stations:
- Cutting of raw material
- Lamination of patterns through precise alignment and ironing together
- Rolling tubing in a table roll process – basically applying plies of material to a metal tool and having these plies rolled around the tool with a power driven table.
- Cello wrapping of tubing that has been rolled in the table roll process.
- Loading and unloading of curing ovens and presses.
- Removal of tubing from tooling.
- Cleaning and preparation of tooling.
- Finishing of parts including cutting, bonding, machining, cleaning and inspection.
- Packaging and shipping of finished products.
- Maintains a clean work area including minimal daily clean up
- Manages job stress and interacts effectively with others in the workplace
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skill and, Ability to:
• Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to perform hands on activities
• Demonstrates self-motivation and takes pride in their work.
• Ability to do basic math (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of whole, decimals and fractions). Must score 34 out of 54 on a math literacy test administered by ICE
• Ability to interface with management, customers, production crew, work order originators and engineering staff to complete assignments
• Perform as dictated by order schedule and work to due dates
• Support implementation of continuous improvement
← Back to search